Tuesday, October 22, 2013

50th Anniversary Cruise

In August Bonnie and I celebrated our 50th Anniversary by taking a cruise.  We left home on August 14, 2013 and returned September 14.  The cruise started in Amsterdam from which we cruised the Baltic Sea, stopping in ports in Germany, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Sweden, and Denmark.  We spent a day back in Amsterdam and then continued the trip, visiting Norway, Iceland, Greenland, Newfoundland, and Nova Scotia.  The final port of call was New York City where the trip ended.

Needless to say, the trip was fantastic.  We were accompanied by our dear friends, John and Marcy Baucom who were celebrating their 30th Anniversary.  We jokingly refer to this trip as our 80th Anniversary Cruise!  You may remember that it was John and Marcy who visited us in Spain back in the Spring.  

Coming aboard the ship in Amsterdam were Lana and Bob Daverman, great friends of ours and the Baucoms as well.  They were aboard for the trans-Atlantic half of the cruise, having done the Baltic Sea cruise several years ago.  Together we shared and enjoyed many meals, sights and adventures.

I had planned to do a blog of this trip as I did of our Spanish adventure in April and May.  Alas, internet service aboard the ship leaves much to be desired and it was technically impossible (too slow and expensive as well) to create the blog and upload photos which is internet intensive.  I did do a daily diary, with photos, that I sent to family and friend via e-mail, so I do have a record of what we did and saw.  My hope is to gradually transfer this information and photos to this blog so that there is a permanent record of this special trip.  

So...I will get to work and see how this project unfolds.  Postings will be irregular but I will try to keep moving forward as best I can.







No comments:

Post a Comment